Welcome to SASS Fitness, Sandra Augustin’s Sacramento Sisters in Fitness!
We believe diet, conditioning, flexibility, balance, cardio and strength training are necessary to achieve success in fitness, so we’ve created a website to reflect that philosophy.
Our goal is to grow a community of positive, hard-working, supportive women who are inspired and motivated by the success of their sisters. In turn, we promise to do whatever we can to help you reach YOUR goal whether it is weight loss, finding your competitive edge, or just working out your daily stress one session at a time.
Tip of the Week
Weight loss is just simple math; it’s calories in vs. calories out. That means, if you consume more calories than you expend, you will gain weight. Conversely, if you expend more calories than you consume, you’ll lose weight. And, if you consume the same amount of calories that you expend, you’ll maintain your current weight.
Helpful Tips for Weight Management
- Weigh yourself once a week on the same scale, at the same time.
- Join a free, on-line calorie counter website. They have the calorie content of most national brands as well as restaurant and fast food chains.
- Eat one cheat meal per week and make it special. Plan a weekly date night, wear your favorite high heels, spend all week thinking about the menu, but don’t bring home any leftovers!
- No alcohol, except with cheat meal.
- Check your Lean Body Mass (LBM) vs. Fat weight through hydrostatic (under water) weighing, on a quarterly basis. At this point, I don’t want you to get frustrated by the percentage of body fat you have; instead, focus on the LBM. Under no circumstances do you want that number to drop during your weight loss program! The more LBM you have, the higher your metabolic rate and the more calories you can consume.
Video of the Week
(Cycle the Sutter videos fisrt)
Recipe of the Week
Stay warm inside and out this winter with the hot and spicy high protein and high fiber meal!
20 oz. Xtra Lean Ground Turkey
20 oz. Lean Ground Turkey
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes w/Chili peppers
30 oz. Tomato Sauce
30 oz. Pinto Beans
30 oz. Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
Combine and brown Ground Turkey
Mix Spices with Diced Tomatoes and Tomato sauce in a large pot.
Add all beans to sauce.
Place on hot stove with medium heat.
Add browned Turkey to sauce and beans.
Cover pot, lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.