- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (4oz.) diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced carrots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the rice and vegetable broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Spray casserole dish with fat free, non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix cooked rice, cooked chicken, black beans, chili peppers, carrots, zucchini, cumin, and cayenne.
Transfer ingredients to casserole dish, cover loosely with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 4g
- Chol: 70mg
- Sodium: 624mg
- Carbs: 28g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 30g